The Oregon Wine Board and Washington State Wine return to London this March with a series of events.
Taking place over two days, the event will see a series of masterclasses, tasting and celebrations, showcasing Oregon and Washington State wines, regions and tourism to the UK trade.
The events will cover masterclasses for the MW community, trade and media, pop-up tastings, a ‘secret’ tasting for sommeliers, an ‘invite only ’Magnum’ Party and a shorter, general tasting. There will also be some involvement from Travel Oregon and Port of Seattle tourism boards to highlight the new direct flights between Portland, Seattle and London.
Monday 12 March schedule:
- 11am Oregon Seminar for MW Seminar for MWs and MW Students
- 3pm Oregon Seminar “Exploring Oregon’s Winemaking Classicists and (R)Evolutionaries” – host TBC
- 11am to 5pm, Oregon ‘Pop Up’ tastings: Oregon Chardonnay and Non-Pinot Noir Reds
- ‘Magnum Opus’ Party – Invite only
- 9pm til late – Oregon Wine ‘Secret Sommelier’ tasting
Tuesday 13 March schedule:
- 10.30am Washington Seminar “The Evolution of Washington Reds”, chaired by Richard Hemming MW
- Noon to 5pm, Oregon & Washington State Main Tasting