London’s favourite whisky tasting is back, with The Whisky Show trade day returning to Old Billingsgate on 2 October.
From the team behind Speciality Drinks and retailer The Whisky Exchange, The Whisky Show showcases more than 600 whiskies from around the world.
The show also offers the drinks trade the chance to taste hundreds of the world’s most sought-after whiskies, and also meet the makers and try more than 50 new releases.
New whiskies on show will include:
- Latest releases – Diageo Special Releases Brora 34 year old, Convalmore 32 year old and Blair Athol 23 year old; Octomore 8.1 and Octomore 8.3; Glenmorangie Astar; Ardbeg An Oa
- Whiskies not available to buy until later this year – Elijah Craig 18 year old, Teeling Brabazon II, Teeling Revival IV, Mackmyra Skordetid and Mackmyra Korsbar
- The Whisky Show bottlings – ‘Art of Whisky’ range including Clynelish 21 Year Old, Glenrothes 27 year old and Miltonduff 17 Year Old
- Whiskies of the future – Inaugural Release from Cotswolds Distillery; new make from London-based Bimber
Masterclasses will also run throughout the day, including:
- 12:00-13:00 – Meet the Maker, with John Glaser (Compass Box), Colin Dunn (Diageo), Ashok Chokalingam (Amrut), Ian Chang (Kavalan), Roger Melander (Box Whisky)
- 13:00 – ‘Stock up your Bars, the Irish Are Coming!’ – The great Irish whisky debate, hosted by Nate Brown from Merchant House
- 14:00–15:00 – Maker’s Mark masterclass with Amanda Humphrey
- 15:00 – ‘The Next Whisky Cocktail Classic’ Final
For more information or to register for the trade day, visit www.whiskyshow.com/trade