Angostura International Cocktail Challenge 2010
They’ve got the bitters, they’ve got the rum, and they’ve got one of the most vibrant cultures in the world – all Angostura needs now is for one bartender to pull that all together in two world-beating cocktails. And that bartender could be you
If you want to be in with a chance of winning a trip to Trinidad, home of Angostura, to compete in the Global Final of the Angostura International Cocktail Challenge 2010 then you need to enter now.
Not only will the winner compete in the Global Final which will be held in Trinidad in 2011 where they will get to visit the Angostura distillery on the Caribbean island of Trinidad – they will also get the unique opportunity to blend their own rum with the help of Angostura’s master blender. And when all the hard work is done there will be plenty of time left to explore the island’s miles of coral reefs, pink sandy beaches and lush mountains, and possibly even pull a limbo move or two.
To enter, you simply need to submit two entirely original cocktails, one using Angostura Bitters and one with Angostura Rum, and come up with an attention-grabbing name for each one. The 10 best entries will then be whittled down to a single UK winner, who will go head-to-head with bartenders in front of the crowd at RumFest in London, on October 16 & 17, to see who will represent Europe in the Global Final in Trinidad.
So. You’ve got a bottle of Angostura Bitters on your backbar. What’s stopping you? Time to get mixing, we think.
What you need to do:
Submit two original cocktail recipes, one using Angostura Bitters and one using Angostura rum, with a sentence
explaining the inspiration for the recipe and the name of each drink. You’ll also need to include a picture of yourself making them, and one of each finished drink.
Visit http://imbibe.com/article/competitions and click on the Angustura logo. Entries can also be sent via email to Alison.Gibb@angostura.eu
Deadline for entries: 20 August 2010
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS|
1. Only one entry per person.
4. All entries should contain 2 cocktail recipes that can be presented in 2 glasses each within 7 minutes when made.
7. One cocktail must include Angostura aromatic bitters and the other must include Angostura Reserva, Angostura 5 Year Old or Angostura 7 Year Old.
17. Drink names including rude, lurid, sexual words, or words associated with narcotics are prohibited.
18. Cocktails will be judged on appearance, taste and aroma. Where a competition is held cocktails will be judged on the above and presentation skills by
a front bar judging panel.
20. By entering the competition, competitors agree to assign copyright of their recipe and drink name to Angostura.
Competition In Front of Judging Panel
22. Drinks must be assembled in front of the judges.