Berkmann Wine Cellars is looking to fill a newly-created position of business development manager, working from its head office in London (N7). The role entails identifying and seeking out new profitable sales opportunities, while proactively targeting new business which is operationally viable, sustainable and commercially rewarding for the company, wineries and brand owners. The role has a broad remit covering all major conurbations within London.
- Deliver budgeted gross profit by achieving sales results from an identified customer account base
- Provide clear workings inclusive of delivery cost for all new accounts
- Establish and build relationships with key customer decision makers and buyers
- Deliver new and profitable customers to the sales region
- Management of territory profit and loss to deliver on budget expectation
- Active participation in monthly sales management meetings
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conviction, and diplomacy
- Structured planning ability to handle a high workload without supervision
- Committed to the company, the job role, with a positive and highly motivated work ethos
Knowledge and experience:
- Educated to graduate level
- UK drinks on and off-trade experience
- Experience within sales, [FMCG preferred] from a wine background
- Experience working with brand owners and strategic brand development
- Practical knowledge of using and interpreting market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI]
- Excellent written & verbal communication essential
- Must be computer literate, using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you fit therequirements and have previous sales experience; a successful track record; a serious passion for wine and want to work for a family-owned company, please send a brief email, enclosing your CV and details of your current position to: [email protected] for the attention of Margaret Harding.
Berkmann says it offers a very good basic salary with very generous bonus for OTE, plus pension, phone, laptop, 23 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.