Since its launch in March 2007, Imbibe magazine has established itself as the UK’s leading publication for on-trade drinks professionals. To put the Imbibe philosophy in a nutshell: we like to think we’re not just reporting on what’s happening across the on-trade, we’re helping to drive an agenda for excellence.
Imbibe’s editorial coverage takes in all the main drinks categories, from wine to water, spirits to soft drinks. This collective experience has enabled Imbibe to develop a strong and engaged relationship with the on-trade – one that is responsive both to the information needs of on-trade professionals and communication needs of premium drinks brands.
Imbibe has a flourishing online presence with its responsive website and weekly email newsletter, and its social influence is growing all the time, particularly through Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The successful candidate will join the marketing and events team to work on the Imbibe portfolio, which includes Imbibe magazine, imbibe.com, Imbibe Live exhibition and The Sommelier Wine Awards.
More on the role
The role involves executing creative marketing activity across the range of media, including planning, creating and managing numerous campaigns. Candidates should have experience in creatively using digital marketing channels to achieve results, and a proven track record of successful email campaigns, use of social media, plus a flair for creative thinking and analytical, results-driven campaign management.
Ideal candidate profile:
This is a very hands-on role which would suit someone looking to develop their successful career in marketing and events.
- Solid experience in online and offline marketing
- Excellent copywriting skills across a range of channels
- Strong time and project management skills
- Good multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to meet deadlines within budget and under pressure
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Good database management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Confident and creative self-starter
- Experience in a publishing / event / exhibition background would be an advantage
- Interest in the on-trade / hospitality industry is essential
- Excellent IT skills
The candidate will be part of the marketing and events team, and report into the marketing manager.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.