Imbibe Account Manager
This is a portfolio sales role across three products:
Imbibe Magazine: bi-monthly, aimed at on-trade drinks buyers and professionals
Imbibe Live: annual exhibition at Olympia aimed at the same demographic
Imbibe.com: exclusive on-trade website combining the magazine content and exhibition information with competitions and events.
Sponsorship: annual awards
Main Purpose of Job:
To sell display advertising in Imbibe magazine, web advertising on imbibe.com, exhibition space at Imbibe Live and sponsorships across all three products to drinks and drinks-related clients across all sectors.
• Ability to organise, plan, present & close sales.
• Drive to cold call new clients, and generate new business.
• Ability to pitch at client and agency level and work with PRs.
• To develop new ways of generating revenue (out of the box thinking actively encouraged)
• To work with the publishers to ensure all marketing & distribution opportunities are maximised.
• Able to work in a close-knit team environment
• Understanding of, or proven interest in the drinks industry
• Premium spirits, wines, liqueurs, beers, waters, teas, coffees and on-trade related products and services
Knowledge & Experience
• Advertising sales experience
• Exhibition and online sales experience
• Knowledge of selling direct to clients.
• Knowledge of selling to advertising agencies.
• Understanding of publishing preferable
• Results orientated with drive and determination to succeed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent personal presentation
• Ability to listen & persuade.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working alone
• Good time-management skills essential
Contact Sonja van Praag on:
Tel: 0207 840 6288
Square Meal Account Manager – Drinks
Square Meal is the UK’s leading high-end restaurant and bar guide, lifestyle magazine and online guide and booking platform.
A new role has been created within the Square Meal sales team to drive continued growth in revenue from drinks brands, a core sector of our business.
Reporting in to the Account Director - Drinks, the right candidate will be selling to drinks brands of all sizes, direct to client and through agencies, using Square Meal’s unique range of market-leading print, digital and event marketing opportunities. A challenging and fun sales role awaits a dynamic, self-sufficient and motivated salesperson.
Package is dependent on experience but includes basic, commission and OTE bonus structure
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to the Account Director – Drinks, Adam Wyartt
Meeting and surpassing sales targets across portfolio of products
Best in class account management
New business identification and acquisition
Monitoring and reporting on selected competitor media
Ensuring up to date and accurate record keeping of all client contact
Assisting the Account Director with all areas of the sales effort
Proven track record of target driven sales success in a similar environment
Best in class account management experience
Excellent presentation and communication skills to all levels of audience
A creative outlook to ensure any and all revenue opportunities are exploited
Exceptional organisational skills
Able to work to deadlines and ensure optimal prioritisation of workload
Logical and clear thinker
Knowledge of drink trade a distinct advantage
Media sales background, including digital and event
Experience of agency selling