Tincup Whiskey launches nationwide search for the Barback Hero of 2017
The most underappreciated position in a bar is all too often that of the humble and hardworking barback and so Tincup Whiskey is declaring 2017 the year of the barback by leading a nationwide search for this year’s ultimate Barback Hero.
Named after an old Colorado mining town, Tincup is a celebration of the pioneering, hardscrabble miners of the 19th century who sought their fortunes in the state’s gold rush. In this same spirit, Tincup is championing the hardworking and unsung heroes of the bartending world, the barback.
Is your barback a hero? To enter all you have to do is tell us your barback’s ‘hero moment’ and you and your barback could be competing together to WIN the ultimate trip to the home of Tincup, Colorado!
A judging panel of bartending legends will be looking out for displays of teamwork, aptitude, initiative or enthusiasm that has resulted in a barback ‘hero moment’.
They’ll be selecting 12 teams of finalists, ensuring an even spread of regional talent.
The finalists (barback and bartender teams) will meet the ultimate barback challenge – an urban adventure to be completed in teams of two to test barbacking skills to the limit.
Entries close at midnight on 5 June, the barback challenge will take place on 4 July during the daytime, culminating in the early evening where the winning team will announced.
Is your barback worthy of the Barback Hero title? Nominate them now using the entry form below!
- Written entries to be no longer than 200 words
- This competition is open to UK-based bartenders and barbacks aged 21 or over
- The nominating ‘bartender’ should currently hold the position of either bartender, bar supervisor, bar manager or bar owner
- The nominating bartender and nominated barback must work in the same venue at the time of entry
- The nominating bartender and barback will be entered into the competition as a team
- Entrants may be asked to supply a photograph, to validate their entry, at a later date
Watch the video to find out more: