Tales of the Cocktail on Tour is descending on Scotland’s capital this April. Following in the footsteps of Vancouver, Buenos Aires and Mexico City, the four day event is packed with seminars, tastings and networking events.
Mirroring the seminars of the annual New Orleans event, these will explore techniques, history and the business of making drinks, with leading figures in the industry descending on the city from all around the world – including Ryan Chetiyawardana, Charlotte Voisey, Claire Smith-Warner, Jack McGarry and Jacob Briars.
‘I’m excited to announce our most extensive line-up of seminars for a Tales on Tour ever!’ said Philip Duff, director of education. ‘As well as featuring more than one of the top-five seminars from Tales New Orleans 2016 such as “Talking Rot,” “Going Back To Your Roots To Find Success” and “Nutmeg,” we are proud to be curating brand-new seminars from some of the cocktail world’s most revered presenters. The city won’t know what’s hit it!’
And now, enough suspense, the seminar line-up is here, and is the most extensive (and possibly exciting) Tales on Tour line-up to date…
– Going Back to Your Roots to Find Success, Ian McLaren with Ryan Chetiyawardana, Jim Meehan and Craig Harper
– New Orleans: The Cradle of Civilized Drinking, Phil Greene with Chris Hannah and Chris McMillian
– #instadram – The Benefits of Drinking Shots, Max Warner and Addie Chinn with Alex Kratena, Agostino Perrone, Alastair Burgess and Tara Garnell
– Nutmeg: The Seed That Spiced 1000 Sips, Charlotte Voisey with Jack McGarry, Peter Vestinos and Davide Segat
– Drambusters: Why Scotch Belongs in Cocktails, Georgie Bell, Ryan Chetiyawardana, Mike Aikman and Tom Walker
– Guilty Pleasure, Claire Smith-Warner with Zoey Cormier, Iain Griffiths and Jeffrey Kluger
– Talking Rot: Rancio, Scotch and MADness, Dave Broom with Ryan Chetiyawardana and Arielle Johnson
– Liquid Intelligence, Don Lee and Dave Arnold
– Small Fish in a Big Pond, Ally Martin with Andy Gemmell, Craig Harper, Stuart McCluskey and Mike Aikman
– Slap it! Pour it! Crush it! Swizzle it!, Daniyel Jones with Summer-Jane Bell and Martin Cate
– Make your Mark: How to Create a Modern Classic, Jacob Briars with Robert Simonson, Tom Walker and Naren Young
– Liquipedia, Tristan Stephenson with Jake Burger and Jeffrey Kluger
On top of this supersized seminar list, brands like The Cocktail Lovers and The Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) will also host evening events, known as Dynamic Duos, in bars throughout the city centre – open to the public if you fail to secure yourself a golden ticket.
‘This is our biggest offering of seminars we’ve had in our seven years of putting on Tales on Tour,’ concluded founder Ann Tuennerman. ‘Philip and his team did an incredible job of selecting seminars that will challenge and enlighten everyone who joins us,’ she added. ‘April can’t come fast enough.’
Tickets to non Tales members go on sale tomorrow, and are priced at around £270 for the full four days. Ready, set, GO.