The great and the good of the UK’s restaurant and bar scene turned out last night for the Imbibe Personality of the Year awards ceremony.
Held at London’s Bungalow 8, nominees and guests gathered to celebrate the leading lights in the UK on-trade in the inaugural year of the awards. The winners were:
- Restaurant Personality of the Year: Christine Parkinson, Hakkasan Group
- Bar Personality of the Year: Jake Burger, Portobello Star
- Pub Personality of the Year: Rupert Clevely, Geronimo Inns
- Industry Legend: Gerard Basset, Hotel TerraVina
- Hot Stuff: Xavier Rousset, Texture and 28:50
- Innovator of the Year: Tony Conigliaro, 69 Colebrooke Row
- Chairman’s Award: Will Beckett, Hawksmoor
The nominees were chosen by a panel of industry experts, after which voting opened to Imbibe readers, who determined the final winners.
The upcoming issue of Imbibe will contain a full write-up about each winner. More pics of the night can be found on Imbibe’s Facebook page
News item from Imbibe.com, 17-02-2011