Closing date: 7 May 2020
Inspired by the mantra of master mezcalero, Juan Carlos Gonzalez Diaz, The Cut Above competition is challenging bartenders to create a Corte Vetusto mezcal cocktail inspired by good times.
The Cut Above challenge
- UK bartenders tasked to create a cocktail with any of the three Corte Vetusto mezcals – Espadín, Tobalá and limited edition Ensamble II.
- Drink submissions must include why it is a cut above.
- Chosen Corte Vetusto mezcal must be the lead spirit in your drink (100ml minis posted on request for recipe development).
- Entries to be DM’d on Instagram @VetustoMezcal or email firstname.lastname@example.org with full ingredients/method/serving suggestion/Cut Above justification.
o 1st prize: £250 and the Corte Vetusto portfolio (three bottles)
o 2nd prize: £100 and one bottle of Corte Vetusto mezcal
o 3rd, 4th and 5th prizes: £50
- Entries will be judged by David Shepherd and Eduardo Gomez, director of Tequila & Mezcal Fest, and Josh Linfitt from Propping Up the Bar (ex-Worship Street Whistling Shop).
- Deadline for entries is Thursday 7th May 2020