Closing date: 5 Jun 2020
The challenge will see both companies donate money to six charities, while the winner will receive 12 bottles of 2016 Barolo wines.
Entrants have until 5 June 2020 to post a photo or video on Instagram about Barolo and what it means to them, in order to have a chance of winning a mixed case of 2016 Barolo wines from G.D. Vajra. There will also be four runners up, who will win a jeroboam of the 2016 G.D. Vajra Barolo ‘Albe’.
Entrants must be working in hospitality in the UK or Ireland and be over 18 years of age. Teams can also enter, as long as all members work in hospitality.
- Follow and tag @liberty_wines, @gdvajra_barolo and your country's charities (see below).
- Post your photo or one-minute video on Instagram, explaining the beauty of Barolo and what it means to you (perhaps your favourite fact or pairing).
- Use the relevant hashtag for your country (#barolochallengeUK or #barolochallengeIE).
- You may only post one entry.
- Winners will be announced via Instagram on 8 June 2020.
G.D. Vajra and Liberty Wines will also making donations, split evenly between UK charities Hospobox, Hospitality Action, and The Caring Foundation. In Ireland, a further donation will be made to Feed The Heroes, Blood Bike South and The Restaurants Association of Ireland Benevolent Fund.
'In these difficult times, we wanted to give back to the industry that has supported our wines over many years,' said Giuseppe Vaira, of G.D. Vajra. 'We also need beauty and creativity more than ever right now. So, together with our friends at Liberty Wines, we have launched this challenge for all hospitality professionals in the UK and Ireland and will be donating funds to six amazing charities that are providing relief to those who need it the most.'