Bar Manager - Birmingham
We're on the lookout for a top-notch Bar Manager to join our growing family and support with the opening of our brand-new restaurant in Birmingham.
Our restaurants are beautiful, busy places, filled to the brim with Bombay food and culture. You'll be joining a super big-hearted, very talented team who will be on hand to support you from your first day.
What we're looking for:
• You have been working as a Bar Manager in a busy environment for the past few years. You're first-class in everything you do and want to find an environment that's as obsessive about quality as you are.
• You're Industry knowledge is second to none; enabling you to share your expertise and uphold the highest standards.
• You're a drinks and coffee specialist; you know the classics like the back of your hand and are ready to learn new skills, as well as our Bombay tipples.
• You're well-versed in ordering, stock control and ensuring food & health safety checks are in place.
• You're a great leader who really cares about your people. Your big-hearted approach will make coaching and developing other members of the team a natural focus.
• You have a genuine commitment to making people happy - guest and team alike -to ensure you have one of the happiest teams in the business and guests that turn into regulars and regulars into friends.
• You want to be part of a company that can help you flourish and become the best you can be.
We are a truly first-class (award-winning!) place to work and we're humbled to have been voted this year as #19 Best Company to work for in the Times Top 1. And naturally we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
• Industry-leading pay
• Invites to great parties - we have a massive summer party (think: huge festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink and all-day-long pampering for you and two family members to enjoy, all on us), a huge Christmas party and team get-togethers every other week.
• Annual Babus'* Big Day Out - our chance to spoil you for all your achievements over the year.
• 28 days paid holiday a year (plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school).
• Healthcare cash plan.
• On-going training and development throughout our Babu* Masterclass programme.
• Wholesome team meals and bottomless drinks when on shift, plus as a Babu you have a daily allowance to spend on Dishoom food.
• Discount in all of our restaurants - 5% during the day, 25% in the evening - plus a Dishoom Babu* card, with a monthly spend on us!
• And much more!
*Babu can be a term of respect in India but is more frequently used to refer to bureaucrats behind desks who don't do a great deal.