My client is a luxury 4* hotel based in Lutterworth
They are now seeking an experienced Bar Supervisor to join their team
Previous experience is essential
The role is a permanent role, working 40 hour per week, 5 days from 7.
Own Transport is required due to Location
Purpose of the role
To manage the bar operation and to Deputise in the absence of the Catering Manager, as and when necessary.
* To ensure an efficient and welcoming service to customers - ensuring that service in the Bars and Lounge areas is prompt, friendly and attentive to customers needs.
* To ensure the Bars and FOH areas are kept clean and tidy and provide a welcoming environment to customers and guests.
* To handle guest queries promptly and efficiently.
* To maximise the financial potential of the Bars - working in consultation with the Food and Beverage / Operations Manager and with other departments.
* To manage bar stock - liaising with suppliers, placing orders, dealing with deliveries and minimising wastage.
* To liaise with the external Stock Taker and provide accurate information as and when required.
* To ensure liquor stock procedures are put in place and implemented at all times.
* To ensure the cellar is kept clean and organised at all times and to clean the lines as required.
* To ensure there are accurate daily cash reconciliation's and the correct procedures are followed for preparing bills, posting to accounts and banking.
* To supervise bar staff and, in consultation with the Catering Manager, oversee recruitment, training and staff development.
* To hold a Personal License and ensure that all licensing and health and safety legislation are upheld and implemented at all times.
* To work with the team and to help other departments so that a smooth efficient working environment is achieved.
* To understand and comply with all Health and Safety regulations, such as fire safety, COSHH, risk assessments and departmental Standards of Performance.
Benefits include the following:
* Competitive Salary Gratuity Scheme worth approximately £700 per year (full time)
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* After 6 months' service an additional day off for your birthday (to be taken within 7 days of your birthday date)
* Training and development
* Staff accommodation if required (subject to availability)
* Discounts on accommodation, food and beverage and health and beauty
* Subsidised or free social functions
* Friendly working environment
* Beautiful surroundings
* Free car parking
* Staff Accommodation is available, charged at £60 per week