About the role
Louisville Distilling Company was founded by father and son, Lincoln and Wes Henderson. Their first whiskey, Angel's Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon Finished in Port Barrels was inspired by Master Distiller Lincoln Henderson's lifetime spent crafting some of the world's finest spirits. One of the original pioneers of the premium bourbon and whiskey categories in the U.S., Lincoln created the world's finest bourbon on his own terms and with a simple desire to enjoy the art of making whiskey. This philosophy remains at the heart of everything we do, and we embrace the restless craftsman's spirit, relentless in our desire to innovate and improve. Angel's Envy may have been our first masterpiece, but it certainly won't be our last.
Our beloved brand was recently welcomed into the Bacardi Limited family. It's a perfect match with a team that, like us, is deeply rooted in family and tradition, and who respects our creative freedom and commitment to innovation. We're still a small, family company; we've just joined a slightly larger family.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
· Perform all distillery functions, sanitation, housekeeping and recordkeeping in the following areas, but not limited to:
o Grain - unloading, inspection & analysis
o Mashing & Fermentation - mash cooks, fermenter sets, beer chemistry/analysis, yeast preparation
o Distillation - beer well charging, distillation start up and shutdown, monitoring, sensory
o New Barrel Filling - gauging, filling barrels
o Miscellaneous - Barrel handling, PLC/HMI operation, Boiler Operation, Facility Maintenance, Grounds keeping, Bottling line labor
· Actively participate in the continuous improvement of Distillery operations and activities
· Liaise with work colleagues and share responsibilities during operations
· Identify maintenance requirements and potential plant failure and effectively communicate to the Production Manager or in his absence the Maintenance Supervisor
Measures of success
Measures cover measurable KPI improvements such as:
Improvement in overall department safety culture
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have / be:
· Ability to focus, stay organized and multi-task.
· Attention to detail and ability to grasp technical information.
· Ability to become forklift certified.
· Ability and willingness to work hands on in all aspects of the job, in other words "be prepared to get dirty".
· Ability to lift 75 lbs. and perform all physical aspects of the job such as bending, squatting, etc.
· Moderate mechanical skills.
· Moderate computer and software skills.
· Work weekends and evenings as required.
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE WEEKEND SHIFTS (Saturday & Sunday)
· 1 to 3 years of experience in distillery or spirits industry.
· Education or background in scientific or laboratory setting.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.