Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I are looking for Engineering Operator Technician to join us at our brewery in Magor.
Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I are a proud part of AB InBev and our dream is the bring people together for a better world. To be the best, we hire the best people: individuals who are passionate about beer, with good ideas and the ability to turn them into reality. From Budweiser and Corona to Hoegaarden and Stella Artois - we produce some of the biggest beer brands in the world.
As an Engineering Operator Technician you'll be responsible for mechanical maintenance including undertaking, driving and supporting maintenance and improvement activities and procedures. Further duties will include:
· Identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities
· Reviewing and developing safety and maintenance procedures (SWI). Ensuring that all safety systems are in working order
· Machinery fault diagnosis and repairs including liaising with suppliers of OEM's for the provision of spares/services. Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
· Writing, reviewing and updating maintenance Standard Operating Procedure's, OPL's & job tasks
· Identifying critical spares for designated machines and refurbish spares as required
· Use of Plant Optimisation tools to ensure sustainability of high departmental standards including 5S, Hygiene and PDCA
· Developing Standard Operating Procedure's and learning documents to share best practice with respect to maintenance and CIL
· Maintenance prioritisation, planning and machine analysis to improve performance
· Complete work at heights, confined spaces and as a lone worker
· Liaising and assisting client departments and customers
· Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs, tools, stores and equipment.
Key skills, knowledge and Competencies
· Proactive and self-managed engineer who is professional and have a can do attitude
· Good communication skills and above all take pride in the work they are completing
· Understanding of LEAN, Continuous Improvements, HACCP, Food Safety protocols.
· Undertake activities to support Voyager Plant Optimization compliance and sustainability
· Support a "Learning Organisation" environment
· Analysis of numerical information and good IT literacy
· 5S and hygiene will be of the utmost importance and a good understanding of Quality testing and microbiology would be useful
· Ability to work as part of a team, interacting effectively with a variety of departments and individuals
· Strong organisation skills with a structured and systematic approach, adhering to deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload effectively.
Key experience and Qualifications
· Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ3 or equivalent mechanical qualification
· Proven fault finding and maintenance of high speed production equipment
· Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering function
· Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques