London & Home Counties, England
We are currently seeking a talented Finance Manager to join us on a full time permanent basis. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate all the following attributes:
• MUST have a minimum of 3 years' experience within a senior role in the finance sector of an SME
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Advanced Excel skills (incl. pivot tables & v-lookups)
• Strong organisation skills
• Detailed attention to accuracy
• Positive and challenging attitude
• A logical problem solver with a calm manner, bags of common sense and a flexible approach. A good sense of humour helps!
• MUST be happy sharing an office with Frank & Molly the French bulldogs. They snore!
About the Role
Reporting to the MD, the role will be responsible for managing and being hands-on with regards to all financial operations within Love Drinks.
Day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Manage the month end processes and ensure deadlines are met and adhered to
• Posting of journals [payroll; prepayments; accruals; depreciation]
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Management of company credit cards [incl. coding and posting]
• Checking and posting staff expenses
• Stock management and monthly reconciliation [system report]. Involved in yearly physical stock take.
• Maintaining price stock lists & managing stock price changes
• Monthly & weekly sales analysis reports
• Oversee Sales Ledger and Credit Control. Responsible for opening new accounts and maintenance of active accounts [performing credit checks, logging with insurers, due diligence, etc].
• Purchase ledger [receiving, coding and posting supplier invoices] and payment runs
• Assist in the maintenance of debtor, creditor and stock days
• Daily posting of bank transactions; monthly bank reconciliations & reporting to the bank
• Managing payroll records for external accountant & overseeing HR, incl. administration of the pension scheme, perks, contracts.
• Supporting the CEO/Head of Sales & Marketing and external accountants
• To assist and manage ad-hoc tasks that arise within the finance operations; continually aim to improve the financial operating processes and key controls
• General administration and filing
• Exposure to Defacto accounting system would be advantageous but isn't a must.