London & Home Counties, England
Nusa Cana Rum
Our Vision is to bring back the forgotten story of Indonesian rum
Sugar cane has been cultivated in Indonesia for over 8,000 years, and the people of these 17,000 islands have been distilling spirits since they learned the art from Chinese traders many centuries ago. Some of the very first rums drunk in Europe were Indonesian island rums and, though these spirits may have been forgotten, their craft has not.
Today, three former Diageo execs, Marc Rodrigues, Joe Milner and Andy Gaunt, and Asia-Pacific bartending legend, Mixologist star Sam Jeveons, are bringing back this forgotten spirit - for the love of it, for the craft of it, and for the hell of it. Nusa Caña Rum launched on Bali, the island that inspired it.
Launched in 2016 in Bali we have now spread across South East Asia up to Japan and down across Australia our first key market. In 2019 the brand will launch in the UK and California. In 2018 we have shared the forgotten story of Indonesian rum via 70,000 bottles, we have doubled the business each year since launch and plan to continue that growth.
Overall purpose of job:
You will manage the Nusa Cana brand image and market position in each individual market through the close management of local import and distribution partners to ensure that future sales are sustainable and profitable, whilst developing long term business growth.
The successful candidate will be pivotal to how Nusa Cana brands are distributed, executed and developed in markets across the UK and EU.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Responsible for the volume and profit growth of the Nusa Cana range across pre-defined, existing and new, international markets (initially Europe)
* Build close working relationships with importers, distributor and retailers across our existing international markets
* Develop the profile of Nusa Cana within international markets, through market visits, masterclass's, training sessions, brand tastings and brand representation at industry events and exhibitions in line with the overall brand direction and strategy
* Seek to develop new market openings and establish routes to markets for identified new business opportunities
* A minimum of 3 years previous experience of international market management within an FMCG environment is essential
* Experience of the premium drinks industry
* The ability and commitment to travel internationally on a regular basis is essential. It should be noted that at times this travel may include weekends
* Must enjoy The Nusa Cana lifestyle (boards , bikes , beats , bali.)
Please note, any direct applicants to Nusa Cana will be redirected back to New Chapter