About the role
As an expert in analytics and presentation of management information, you will play an important role in Revenue Growth Management for the UK, focussing on the Grocery channel. As well as bringing analytical rigour to all pricing and promotional investment decisions, you will provide regular reports to the region on pricing, whilst flagging any items which require attention. Y our ability to combine a strategic business approach while managing multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, in particular with the Customer Marketing and Commercial leadership teams as well as influencing a diverse team.
You will help build and develop capabilities to drive sustainable NSV (Net Sales) per case growth in the UK by maintaining price and optimizing mix
You will ensure that the UK pricing strategy is in line with European guardrails
You will be responsible for delivering all regular RGM reporting requirements to the Region in full and on time
You will support the RGM Director in building and embedding the functional capability of Pricing Strategy, Trade and Promotional & investment Optimization
You will analyse promotional spend and present options to improve ROI
This role is varied and whilst based in the Winchester office, you will not be expected to be there every day. You will need to work in the Brown-Forman office (London) quite regularly, and occasionally travel abroad to meet with your regional counterparts..
· Submit quarterly pricing results and explanations to Region
· Monitor evolution of pricing within agreed guardrails for all NPD
· Manage ad-hoc pricing requests from Region
Evaluate promotional performance on a quarterly basis, present back to Sales and Leadership Team, and recommend tactics to optimize spend efficiency
Work with Commercial & European Pricing teams to investigate and resolve cross channel/market trading issues
· Evaluate Gross to Net terms for Grocery accounts by identifying working and non-working funds
· Play an integral role in the creation and monitoring of price and promotional guidelines as part of the Annual Planning process
· Support and equip the Sales teams with the tools required to model scenarios and enable better commercial descision making, with the ultimate aim of driving NSV per case
· Work closely with the Brown Forman RGM Analyst to ensure aligned approach
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
· Work with RGM Director to develop, lead and embed best RGM practice; providing the consistency and transparency required to develop, implement and track our pricing and promotional initiatives.
· Work with Sales Teams to ensure Customer/Channel strategies lead to continous brand-pack-channel mix optimization - ultimately driving YOY growth in NSV and GP per case.
· Drive adherence to annually agreed Price & Promotion guidelines - collaboratively work cross-functionally to ensure that exceptions to these guidelines are evaluated and mutually agreed
· In conjunction with RGM Director, be responsible for the continuous improvement of ROI within UK Market
· Together with the regional Pricing & RGM team, ensure adherence to global minimum pricing to support global price growth
Develop talent and capability
· Collaborate with UK Customer Marketing teams to ensure the IAP strategies and tactics lead to improved YOY Net Sales Value per Case
· Work with Commercial Development team to drive increased awareness of key Revenue Growth Drivers, to educate and develop capability within Sales Team
· Identify and communicate RGM best practice across Region
· Recognise and adapt industry best practice in RGM by staying abreast of competitor insight, to develop awareness of relevant RGM tactics and how to apply them.
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve Total Net Sales Value (NSV) 9L vs. budget through revenue planning initiatives directly
Customer:Support the delivery of Customer Profitability targets through mix and pack proce architecture work
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Experience in RGM, Commercial Finance or Sales roles
· Advanced Excel skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dynamics
The following experiences are preferred:
· Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
· Local language(s) knowledge
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.