- Brunello di Montalcino pioneer Biondi-Santi has joined the Pol Roger UK distribution business on an exclusive basis; as well as its Brunello wines, the company will also sell its Castello di Montepo range from the Maremma.
- Armit Wines has taken on Castello di Buttrio from Friuli as an exclusive agency, part of the company’s strategy to work with more white wines and indigenous varieties from the north of Italy. The estate is located in the Colli Orientali.
- Liberty Wines has added three South African estates to its portfolio: Swartland and Paarl producer Tim Martin Wines, Gabriëlskloof in the Overburg and Charles Back’s Spice Route. The new agencies follow a trip by MD David Gleave MW to South Africa last year.
- The company has also boosted its selection of New Zealand Pinot Noirs with the addition of Central Otago’s Burn Cottage Vineyard, owned by the Sauvage family. New Zealand’s Craggy Range is looking for new UK representation after an ‘amicable’ separation from Louis Latour Agencies. ‘We’re moving into a phase where we need a bit more reach,’ explained Craggy Range global sales director Warren Adamson.
- Meanwhile Louis Latour Agencies has announced the arrival of Morgenhof Estate into its portfolio. The Stellenbosch winery, located on the slopes of Simonsberg Mountain, is owned by Anne Cointreau – a member of the family that owns Champagne Gosset and Cognac Frapin, which recently moved to Latour in the UK.
- Hampshire sparkling wine producer Exton Park has signed up with H2Vin for the on-trade and independent retail. The focus will be on hotels and restaurants, particularly in London.
- Another English sparkler, Westwell Wines in Kent, has moved to Bancroft Wines as its exclusive representative outside Kent. Westwell produces a wine called Pelegrim, priced between prosecco and champagne on a list. Bancroft also added champagne house Gratiot Pillière to its portfolio.
- Finally, Flint Wines is to be the exclusive agent for Red Hook Winery from New York State, adding to a US portfolio. The Brooklyn winery sources fruit from 15 vineyards in the Finger Lake and North Fork AVAs.