London’s beer aficionados are in for a Bohemian beer bonanza this June after the announcement of the first Czech Beer Week to be held in the UK.
Taking place from the 17th -23rd June around Czech Beer Day on the 19th June, the biggest selection of Czech beers, brands and brewers ever to hit the UK will be arriving in London for the celebrations.
Set up by leading craft and speciality beer importer Euroboozer in collaboration with Czech Trade and Czech Tourism, the week will see a selection of the capital’s leading pubs and bars run Czech-themed events, tastings and promotions.
Showcasing the heritage and history behind the beers of Bohemia, the special week will also enable consumers to discover the new blood now carrying the torch for the famous Czech brewing industry, which gave the world the incredible Pilsner.
The key happenings and dates, not to be missed during the week include:
Matuška Tap Takeover
When: Monday, 17th June
Where: Mother Kelly’s, 251 Paradise Row, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9LE.
- A tap takeover featuring the award winning Pivovar Matuška beers
- Meet the brewers and try the widely-acclaimed selection of unfiltered and unpasteurised beers with no beer on the night scoring below 95 on RateBeer including lagers, dark lagers wheat beers, golden ales, IPAs and the trademark Raptor IPA.
- Visitors can also enjoy Apollo Galaxy on keg coming in at 99 on Ratebeer.
Bohemian Beer Bonanza
When: Tuesday, 18th June
Where: Red Hand, 36-38 Stoke Newington Road, Dalston, N16 7XJ.
- The largest array of Czech beers ever to launch in the UK will be on show to consumers for the first time.
- Some of the country’s best brewers will be in attendance to talk about their beers and brewing including the teams from Kutna Hora and Kanec.
Czech Beer Day
When: Wednesday 19th June
Where: Czech Embassy, London.
- The official celebration of Czech Beer around the world.
- This invite only event is the largest Real Bohemian Lager festival with 12 breweries attending and over 250 visitors
- Expect an educative but also entertaining afternoon with beer, Czech food, music and a special prize draw.
- Introduced by the Czech Ambassador, guests will be able to try a wide range of real Bohemian lagers and craft beers from the length and breadth of the Czech Republic.
- A special competition where consumers can win a ‘Golden Ticket’ to the exclusive event will launched in the coming weeks.
Bohemian Brewery Tour
When: Thursday 20th June
Where: Taking place at four different Draft House sites.
- Experience and immerse yourself in a different Czech brewery at each Draft House location.
- At each Draft House stop, customers will get to try two different beers from a different Czech brewery with brewmasters from Cvikov, Kutna and Bohemian Regent on hand to talk guests through their creations.
- Tickets for the tour are available on Eventbrite priced at £20, which includes a beer in each of the Draft House sites (Chancery Lane – 6pm, Farringdon – 7pm, Old Street – 8.30pm, Birdcage – 10pm) beers.
- For more info or to purchase a ticket visit – www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bohemian-brewery-tour-tickets-62581406672
- As an added incentive, anyone purchasing a ticket for the tour will go into a draw to win a mixed case of 24 of the Czech beers being showcased during Czech Beer Week.
When: Friday 21st June
Where: Three Johns, 73 White Lion St, The Angel, London N1 9PF.
- A party of Pilsner and Pizza running from 3pm-7pm
- 4 authentic Czech Pilsners to try.
- Guests will receive a free Czech Pilsner on purchase of one of the Three Johns famous pizzas.
Martin Macourek, Director for the UK and Ireland at CzechTrade, said:
“We’re so excited to be running the first Czech Beer Week in London with Euroboozer and can’t thank them enough for getting this off the ground. The week provides the perfect opportunity for the UK’s adventurous beer drinkers and foodies to sample a supreme selection of the new wave of Czech brewers and breweries looking to follow in the footsteps of the famous Czech Pilsner, offering genuine Real Bohemian Lager. We’re delighted to be linking up with some of London’s best operators and bars and are confident it will be a Bohemian bash to remember.”