Street food and bar summer pop-up Dinerama, in London's Shoreditch, was hit by a fire during the night between Saturday and Sunday.
According to Dinerama's Facebook page, the fire started at about 3:30am and is believed to have been caused by either a faulty boiler or a faulty oven. The fire brigade was on site by 3:50am and no one was hurt in the fire. The south section, where six traders were based along with the Pavilion bar, will have to be rebuilt.
The Street Feast group said the repair work should take three to four weeks, during which time Dinerama will remain closed.
The Rushmore Group's Jonathan Downey is a partner in the Street Feast and Dinerama group; this is the second time one of his venues has suffered damage from a fire, after the late East Room and Sosho bar in 2010. He told Imbibe: 'Dinerama was only going a few weeks but it was already the busiest, most successful site I have opened. We employ 31 bartenders there and support 12 small businesses.
'The fire damage is devastating news for our amazing traders but we will be back open in four weeks and we're lending all of them money to bridge their income losses until we're up and running again.'
Downey was in New Orleans for Tales of the Cocktail at the time, receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award.