Diageo Reserve World Class have announced the top 35 bartenders through to the GB 2018 semi-final stage.
Diageo Reserve World Class GB Semi-finalists 2018:
- Giovanni Tavano, Sexy Fish, London
- Ilija Kniazev, Annabel’s, London
- Thomas Solberg, Black Rock, London
- Georgia Billing, Sexy Fish, London
- Luke Robinson, Cub, London
- Luke Condell, The Cocktail Trading Co., London
- Mikey Pendergast, East London Liquor Co., London
- Charles Roche, Scout, London
- Jonatan Munoz Iniesta, Hawksmoor Spitalfields, London
- Robert Simpson, The Clove Club, London
- Christian Silenzi, American Bar at The Savoy, London
- Claudio Iucolino, DRY MARTINI, London
- Daniel Bovey, Hyde & Co., Bristol
- James Bowker, The Wilderness, Birmingham
- Thomas Matthews, The Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Manachain Monaghan, Below Stairs, Leeds
- Kuba Korzynski, Royal Institution, Liverpool
- Adam Day, Peggy’s Bar, Manchester
- Daniel Warren, Last Chance, Nottingham
- Jack Wakelin, Public, Sheffield
- Mike McGinty, Voyage of Buck, Edinburgh
- Miran Chauhan, Buck & Birch, Edinburgh
- Kieran Grieves, Bonbar, Newcastle
- Kieran Downie, Tigerlily, Edinburgh
- Cosmin Tigroso, NINE LIVES, London
- Cameron Attfield, Dandelyan, London
- Simone di Serio, Brasserie Max, London
- Yeshua Garcia, Rotunda Bar at Ten Trinity Square
- Timothy Bachelor, The PIG Hotel, Brockenhurst
- Arnaud Volte, The Distillery, London
- Robyn Wilkie, The Edition, London
- David Hall, Terroir Tapas, Bournemouth
- Thomas Ryan, Doctor Ink’s Curiosities, Exeter
- Michele Reina, Palm Court Bar, London
- Alexander Taylor, Pennyroyal, Cardiff
Bartenders from across the UK vied for a spot by submitting a cocktail recipe based on one of the Diageo Reserve portfolio brands and which incorporated two concepts that the competition is themed around this year; the resourceful bartender and the heat of the moment.
The first hones in on the significance of sustainability, enabling bartenders to create a better bar, serve and working environment, while the later focuses on flavour and experimentation, delving into culinary influences.
All entries were judged by Diageo Reserve brand ambassadors, with the top 35 bartenders listed below now invited to complete in the next stage of the competition. That involved the bartenders partaking in a series of challenges for the chance to win a prize package valued at over £15,000 plus achieve the coveted title, World Class GB Bartender of the Year. This is backed by a 12-month contract touring with the World Class team hosting workshops.
The semi-finals will take place at Diageo’s Customer Collaboration Centre in London on Tuesday 15th May 2018 and will see 35 become 10 announced at an after-party later that evening, in Central London.
A final 10 will then battle it out in Edinburgh from the 18th – 20th June for the chance to be crowned the World Class GB Bartender of the Year, and will be invited to compete at the global final in Berlin.