Throughout the month of October, members of the drinks trade can enjoy the likes of a wellbeing hub, VR experiences and shuffleboard-Sundays
This year more than any other, London Cocktail Week (LCW) aims to support the industry and for 2020, its run will help to get guests through the doors of London bars once again. Despite there being no cocktail village for 2020, the usual week-long event has been extended to the whole month of October, with both consumer and trade highlights on the lineup.
In light of the announcement that London venues will have to adhere to a 10pm curfew and table service from Thursday 24 September, LCW co-owners and organisers Hannah Sharman-Cox and Siobhan Payne commented: 'While safety is paramount, this new curfew is certainly a blow for the hospitality industry, especially for those operators who have been working tirelessly to keep their staff in jobs, their rents paid and their guests safe.
'Our festival starts on Thursday 1 October and is geared up solely to encourage Londoners back into those responsibly operated bars – many of which are independently owned and may not be able to stay open with these new rules in place. However we feel now more than ever we have a responsibility to forge ahead and support those which can remain open, giving Londoners a safe way to enjoy October and the city's award winning cocktail culture.'
Trade wristbands are free to members working in hospitality (see below for details) while highlights at this year's festival include:
- Launch of Belvedere’s new innovation, Belvedere Heritage 176, through a series of intimate dinners, talks, tastings and take-overs across the city by Mark Tracey, Belvedere Vodka UK ambassador.
- ‘Whiskey Rock’n’Roller’ and the ‘The Malts Locker’ pop-ups within Goods Way’s in-house venues, Sweetwater and Nola’s. Expect tastings of Talisker, Mortlach and Lagavulin at Nola’s and Bulleit, Roe & Co. and Guinness.
- Callooh Callay and Edrington-Beam Suntory UK are partnering to create a health and welfare hub which offers support, advice, workshops, healthy food (and cocktails) to everyone in the hospitality industry.
- VR experience to transport people to Islay with Laphroaig at Oriole.
- Brown-Forman will be hosting a full London Shuffle Club venue takeover from 5pm-9pm every Sunday for the month of October, with free shuffleboard games and drinks.
See the full lineup here: imbibe.com/events
Grab your free wristband by applying for one here: londoncocktailweek.com/trade/sign-up